What the heck is happening in Seattle?
June 13, 2020
Let’s go back to May 30, just days after the video of George Floyd’s death at the hands of a police officer emerged.
Large groups of people decided to hit the streets of the ultra-liberal city to protest over the death of Floyd. By evening time, the number of protesters, who were generally peaceful, grew to approximate 10,000.
The following day, things got messy after police tried to disperse an agitated crowd with tear gas and pepper spray. That’s when chaos ensued.
Hundreds of building properties and businesses were damaged. Cars were set on fire and many other vehicles were vandalized. Several police officers and protesters were injured during the clashes, and dozens were arrested.
The protests continued to rage daily and on June 05, Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan and police Chief Carmen ordered the police to stop using tear gas at protesters. The city’s ban on using tear gas was unsuccessful as the battle between police and protesters continued.
A couple of days later, a man with a gun drove a car into a protest and opened fire, injuring one of the protesters. 31-year old Nikolas Fernandez is now facing felony assault charges. The violent incident did nothing to de-escalate the situation.
By June 08, protesters were able to establish a self-declared autonomous zone after police abandoned their precinct in the Capitol Hill neighborhood.
An area of the city measuring about six-blocks became known as the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone, or CHAZ for short.
From that point on, the gong-show became even more absurd as protesters, local politicians, and much of the mainstream media began revealing themselves as the clowns they are.
Let’s break it down point by point.
The anti-cop fanatics that now control CHAZ have created an police-free campsite, but yet they are policing themselves and others. In fact, their unofficial Chief Bozo of Operations, rapper Raz Simone has been accused of acting like a “warlord.”
And even though the group and its supporters are for the most part anti-gun, they apparently have men with firearms safeguarding their newfound utopia.
They have no sense of urgency to practice what they preach. After colonizing their territory, they built a border around it.
Now that’s a double whammy.
Their claims of being anti-authoritarian and anti-fascist are meaningless when they themselves are doing exactly that. Forcing citizens and business to pay a fee for operating within their zone is something we call extortion.
Moreover, the alleged “rapes, robberies and all sorts of violent acts [that] have been occurring in the area” is not exactly a good look for them either.
Seattle Police Chief: “Rapes, robberies and all sorts of violent acts have been occurring in the area and we’re not able to get to [them].” #capitolhillautonomouszone #antifa #BlackLivesMatter pic.twitter.com/Oe5YfVz3uL
— Andy Ngô (@MrAndyNgo) June 12, 2020
What are their demands?
Their laundry list of demands are as follows:
- The Seattle Police Department and attached court system are beyond reform. We do not request reform, we demand abolition.
- In the transitionary period between now and the dismantlement of the Seattle Police Department, we demand that the use of armed force be banned entirely. No guns, no batons, no riot shields, no chemical weapons, especially against those exercising their First Amendment right as Americans to protest
- We demand decriminalization of the acts of protest, and amnesty for protestors generally…
- We demand the City of Seattle and State Government release any prisoner currently serving time just for resisting arrest if there are no other related charges, and that those convictions should also be expunge
- We demand that prisoners currently serving time be given the full and unrestricted right to vote, and for Washington State to pass legislation specifically breaking from Federal law that prevents felons from being able to vote.
- We demand the abolition of imprisonment, generally speaking, but especially the abolition of both youth prisons and privately-owned, for-profit prisons.
- We demand the de-gentrification of Seattle, starting with rent control.
- We demand free college for the people of the state of Washington, due to the overwhelming effect that education has on economic success, and the correlated overwhelming impact of poverty on people of color, as a form of reparations for the treatment of Black people in this state and country.
- We demand that between now and the abolition of the SPD that Seattle Police be prohibited from performing “homeless sweeps” that displace and disturb our homeless neighbors, and on equal footing we demand an end to all evictions.
- We demand a decentralized election process to give the citizens of Seattle a greater ability to select candidates for public office such that we are not forced to choose at the poll between equally undesirable options.
These eye-rolling demands are highly unlikely to be met. But with a more and more radical left, you just never know.
Their current highjacking of a city section may not last very long either. Not only because they may soon run out of Soy Milk, Tofu, and Vegan Cheese, but because president Donald Trump is planning to rain on their parade.
Unlike the city’s Democrat mayor, Jenny Durkan, who sees the whole thing as “more like a block party atmosphere” that occurs in Seattle “all the time” (yes, she actually said that), president Trump sees it as a case of spineless politicians cowering to “ugly Anarchists.”
Seattle Mayor says, about the anarchists takeover of her city, “it is a Summer of Love”. These Liberal Dems don’t have a clue. The terrorists burn and pillage our cities, and they think it is just wonderful, even the death. Must end this Seattle takeover now!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 12, 2020
Radical Left Governor @JayInslee and the Mayor of Seattle are being taunted and played at a level that our great Country has never seen before. Take back your city NOW. If you don’t do it, I will. This is not a game. These ugly Anarchists must be stopped IMMEDIATELY. MOVE FAST!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 11, 2020
Democrat politicians are not the only ones downplaying what is happening in Seattle. Most of the media is spewing that very same narrative.
With the upcoming presidential election just months away, the establishment appears to be in complete disarray.
This explains why the Left is frantically doing everything in its power to protect its radical, self-destructing agenda.